Co-authored by Aunty Jane Beachy & Uncle Bret Nainoa Mossman (@birds_hawaii_pastpresent), you will learn about the intricate details that they have come to know from their years of experience working to restore and protect Hawaiʻi's rainforests.
Illustrated by Aunty Amanda Dillon (of Aline Design Hawai'i), her beautiful illustrations will delight you as you make your way through your Journal.
So, what's inside this incredible Journal journey?
My Rainforest Journey includes:
1. A story about eight endemic species found only in Hawaiʻi's rainforests:
- Endemic manu: ʻIʻiwi, ʻElepaio, ʻĀkepa, and Mamo.
- Endemic lāʻau: ʻŌhiʻa lehua, Pāpala kēpau, Koa, and ʻŌhā Wai
2. Aunty Jane's Rainforest Maze
3. Trilingual Writing Pages including an introduction to Japanese Hiragana & Kanji
4. Create Your Own Rainforest Haiku Lesson
5. DIY My Rainforest Comic Activity
6. Uncle Nainoa's Bird Watching Tips
After you have completed all the learning activities in the Journal, your Rainforest Journey culminates as you ascend up the trail through your favorite Hawaiʻi Rainforest. Game instructions, game cards, and game chips all included!!
7. My Rainforest Book Cover Board Game!
8. 4 Manu Stickers
A portion of ALL proceeds from the sale of My Rainforest Journal will go to Friends of Hakalau Forest.